Wednesday, June 22, 2011

My War Against Obama's War Against HSA's

Via Big Government.

To be clear, I don’t have a Health Savings Account. But I want one. Really freaking bad. The key is finding a job that offers me this option.

The main reason I want one is because I am a low-use user, which is whom HSA ‘s are good for, and if I don’t use up all the money in any given year, it just rolls over to the next year, thus allowing me to save up in case some huge unexpected medical expense ever comes up. Awesome right?

Apparently, Obamacare will make HSA ‘s much more difficult to use, first by capping the amount of non-taxable income you can contribute per year to $2,500, and second by requiring 15,000 over the counter drugs (like Tylenol) to have a signed doctor’s note in order for it to be paid off using HSA funds. And in case you don’t have your doctor’s note? 20% tax sucka.

Read the full article here.

So now, I am officially starting my own counter war to Obama's war on HSA's.

(At this point in time, not really sure what my war will consist of outside of some highly critical blog posts, but it's a start)

No comments:

Post a Comment